Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cover Discovery Vol. 2 - The Rolling Stones Edition

The Rolling Stones
I have been listening to the Stones since I was a little girl. My father owned all of their records. My favorite was "Some Girls" because it had really cool packaging - you could slide an inside card out and line up the band members faces with different hairstyles on the front. (Sorry if that doesn't make sense... If you are familiar with their old albums you should know what I am talking about.) Anyway... I will always have a special love for their sound, but that doesn't mean I don't love and appreciate a kick-ass cover...
Here are a couple magnificent ones.






Iron and Wine with Calexico - Wild Horses (Live)
The Black Crowes - Sympathy for the Devil (Live)
Band of Horses - Waiting on a Friend (Live)





No comments:

Post a Comment